Monday, May 03, 2010

Zooper-Duper 3rd Birthday & More!

The party was a huge success even if the pictures I took don't really do it justice. (Heather...help!)


This year I wanted to give party favors that the kids could take home and use again during play. Jonas helped me pick out some fun animal fabric and I made tails and ears for all of the kids.  The tails were secured with elastic waistbands and the ears were on foam visors that I purchased at my local craft store. I attempted many techniques for securing the ears, and finally discovered that I could actually sew onto the foam. The kids got so many compliments as they frolicked around the zoo like little leopards. They were so cute!

The party was at the zoo's train station, as requested by my little man. My mom made the most adorable Thomas & circus train car cakes, complete with flamingo topper, because Jonas loves them.

She tried her hand at fondant icing for the first time, and I think she did an amazing job. Did I mention the cakes tasted delicious too? They did! My Nana prepared the goodie bags for each child. They had so many fun things inside including...animal crackers! Perfect!

After celebrating on the deck, I passed out some reusable scavenger hunt cards I created for the kids using animal photos and characteristics laminated for reuse, along with crayons, and we headed for the train. I'm going to keep that trick up my sleeve. When they got bored, they were able to color on the blank back!
The weather, although insanely windy, was beautiful and our amazing friends and family helped make Jonas' 3rd birthday so memorable. Can't wait to see what we'll get to try next year!  All Aboard!!

No comments: