Sunday, May 06, 2012

This week's meals were a BIG hit. Having tried several of them...I highly recommend recipes from Real Simple. If you've never attempted one of their recipes, give it a whirl and let me know what you think!

I've also been finding a lot of meal inspiration on Pinterest.  If you are a Pinterest user, I'm not telling you anything you don't already know, but if not - you are definitely missing out!!

This week I have my FINAL final.....maybe, ever! I graduate on Saturday, and am starting Grad school the way I started it.....expecting! ;)


We didn't make it to every recipe on our list, but those we did try were fantastic!  I should have been better about taking pictures, but....I was too busy enjoying the delicious food!  We tried 4 of the 6 recipes we listed, and this week plan to make the existing two.  The chicken with white beans and tomatoes was delicious. The beans ended up taking on a smokey roasted garlic flavor, and were good as leftovers as well! The skirt steak with chick peas, tomatoes and feta was one of our favorites. It was also VERY easy. This meal will be on repeat.  The gyro meat with tzatziki sauce was delicious, but sadly, wasn't 100% gluten free. It was nice for a quick meal though. The sauce was slightly labor-intensive, but my family LOVED it.

Last, but not least-  the cauliflower parmesan crust pizza. My family devoured the pure deliciousness. It wasn't as crisp as we normally like our crust, but it was every bit as tasty! Another family favorite - with some extra veggies snuck in. You can't beat that!!  I DID manage to get a few pictures of that delicious meal before it was devoured. Our toppings were organic pasta sauce with garlic, roma tomatoes, spicy breakfast turkey sausage, mozzarella cheese and fresh arugala. It was FANTASTIC! We followed the directions, but next time I might make a double batch - knowing how quickly it disappeared!



Have a good evening! Bon apetite!


1 comment:

Andrea said...

Hi Mandy
I'm a writer trying to contact you regarding featuring your recipe on our site (with a link back to yours). Is there a good email address to contact you at? I can't find the contact info on your site.
Thank you,
Andrea