Saturday, September 19, 2009

Cuppies & Cones

The "Pickles & Ice Cream" shower I'm helping host inspired me to stir something else up in the kitchen. The shower is still a weekend away, but I wanted to practice on some Cupcake Ice Cream Cones for the special occasion.

I decided to go with Funfetti cake by Pillsbury, and some flat bottomed cones. The directions I used to make the cupcake cones on howstuffworks.com suggested that I make the cupcakes and place the cones upside down on top of them as they baked. They definitely made a better "scoop" on top, but the cone was empty, which was a little sad.

I also made a few by filling the cones 3/4 full with batter, then baking them right-side-up inside the cones. The cake filled the entire cone, which was great, but there was very little for the "scoop".




Icing made them both work beautifully! ;)





All in all, both implementations were successful. I'll have to find some delicious icing to use & decide which method to go with for the big day. I'm going to make 1 batch of chocolate & 1 batch of Funfetti so that people can get a taste of whichever they prefer.












And of course, my handsome assistant also served as a happy taste-tester. These passed with flying colors! I can't wait to share them!


Tomorrow I'm experimenting with some Marshmallow/Cream- Cheese Icing. Yum!!

2 comments:

Lorie said...

They turned out great!!

Lorie said...

They turned out great!!